Last Modified: December 06, 2021
For the purposes of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486), Sassy Media Group Limited (‘we‘ or ‘us‘) is the data user (i.e., the company who either alone or jointly or in common with other persons, controls the collection, holding, processing or use of your personal data).
By using our website www.sassyhongkong.com (the ‘Website’), you are accepting and consenting to the terms of the Policy as well as to the terms of our Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred in it. Our Website terms and conditions establish the use, the disclaimers, and the limitations of liability governing the use of our Website.
Personal data we may collect from you:
We collect information from you when you register on our Website or fill out a contact form or a subscription. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Information acquired/provided through our Website:
- It includes information provided when subscribing to our services, participating in social media functions, or requesting further services.
- It includes a record of our correspondence if you contact us. If you send us personal information that identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- It includes information provided when you complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- It includes details of your visits on our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources and webpages that you access.
- It may include information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, your operating system and your browser type, for our system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your personal data:
Your personal data will only be used for the purposes indicated when you submit the data or as detailed under this Policy.
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To update and enhance our records and our system administration.
- To improve our Website, notably to ensure the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; we continuously strive to improve our Website based on the feedback we receive from you.
- To send you our weekly newsletters.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research study and/or market research activity, or any other services provided by us.
- To send you advertorials from our partners and advertisers.
- To send our advertisers any special offers or information services that may interest them for any upcoming promotional campaigns (applicable for B2B communication).
Disclosure of your personal data:
We will use your personal data, especially your email address, to send you our weekly newsletters, in addition to receiving occasional advertorials with news, with updates, with services from our partners, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each of our emails.
We will not sell, exchange, transfer, or give your personal data, whether public or private, to any third party for any reason whatsoever without your consent, unless stated therein or agreed by you on a form you filled in on our Website. We will never sell, exchange, give, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties for direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your further consent:
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security and non-disclosure with regard to your data as undertaken by us.
- Where we sell or buy any business or assets of our company, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred in it; or, to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees, our customers, our providers or our company. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data:
When you provided us with your personal data on the Website, you agreed that we may transfer your personal data to countries outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Rest assured that, if we do so, we will ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of our services, you may notify us via our ‘Contact Us’ form. It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee, to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should put your request in writing, include proof of your identity and address and specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable. It may take up to 21 days for your request to be assessed.
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should put your request in writing, provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details), and specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with. Please note that it may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If you wish to exercise this right, you should put your request in writing (an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable), provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details), and if your objection is not to our services in general, but to our communications by a particular channel, please specify the channel you are objecting to.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data at any time on a 21-day written notice sent to us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our Website. Cookies we use are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests the opening of a web page from the web server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your web browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
The ability to enable, disable, or delete cookies can be completed at browser level. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser; you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
We use the following cookies on the Website for the following purposes:
- Essential Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website, use its features and access our services. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Google Analytics Cookies
- Customization Cookies
- Advertising Cookies
These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. Please note that you may control and delete this type of cookie at any time through your browser settings.
Third-Party Advertisers Cookies
You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party advertisers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out. Our Policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Consent to our cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
Except for essential cookies, most of our cookies will expire after 30 days although some may persist for up to 3 years.
Changes to our Policy:
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access our Website.
We welcome your feedback, comments, requests and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send a letter or an email using the information below:
- Sassy Media Group Limited, Room 3602, Level 36, Tower 1, Enterprise Square Five, 38 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong